29 December 2007

Men and Women friends

I was watchin this movie (ok this chick flick) couple months back... (and have to stress this was in a time the choice of movies were limited).. its called "When Harry Met Sally" and this line sorta popped in my head and thought I might wana share it with you all...

Harry: What I'm saying is... and this is not a come-on in
any way, shape or form, is that men and women can't be friends
because the sex part always gets in the way.
Sally: That's not true, I have a number of men friends and
there's is no sex involved.
Harry: No you don't.
Sally: Yes I do.
Harry: No you don't.
Sally: Yes I do.
Harry: You only think you do.
Sally: You're saying I'm having sex
with these men without my knowledge?

Harry: No, what I'm saying is they all want to have sex with you.
Sally: They do not.
Harry: Do too.
Sally: They do not.
Harry: Do too.
Sally: How do you know?
Harry: Because no man can be friends with a woman
he finds attractive, he always wants to have sex with her.

Sally: So you're saying that a man can be friends
with awoman he finds unattractive.

Harry: Nuh, you pretty much wanna nail'em too.
Sally: What if they don't want to have sex with you?
Harry: Doesn't matter, because the sex thing is already
out there so the friendship is ultimately doomed and that is the end
of the story.
Sally: Well I guess we're not going to be friends then.
Harry: Guess not.

its up to you to agree with Harry or not...
But do let me know what you think...
Can men and women be friends?

8 comments:

  1. ehehe.. interesting post!!
    On one hand Harry might be right, such that most of the time when guys and gals become close friends, one of them starts to develop much "closer" feelings towards the other..
    i think with maturity though this does change. once ppl get married, settle down, this trend of developing feelings towards your friends die away (if u are the faithful type of person that is)..
    My experience: Cant be CLOSE friends with guys! (but thats jst mi experience) :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. well diude all i gotta say is GET a girlfrend instead of Girl - frends

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think it's true to some extent.. maybe not every guy is like that these days.. it's changing now .. we see more guys and girls handing out together just as friends...

    ReplyDelete
  4. i hav got tones to say here!
    but gotta go
    wud write it later!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i agree with harry. to some extent.
    depends on how u define 'friends' dho

    ReplyDelete
  6. i agree with Harry too. not fully, but mostly... i do also have girl buddies with whom i never ever wanted to have sex in the first place. hehe..

    (there are a lot of people sitting , i'll around me... so in order to NOT get myself caught talking about sex too much, i'll stop here) :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments